View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 05:38 PM
mcss
Lurker

mcss is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

It must be the kernel modules, I tried two different sqsh'es and no dice on wifi. Rest is working great tho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Download the package from the first page of this thread (as arrrghhh pointed out, you need to have a startup.txt, and right now you don't, which means you still don't have the files sorted out correctly) -- but I didn't realize until just now that you have a Verizon (RAPH500) phone... I hate to say it, but it's unlikely it'll work. No one has fixed the issues with the Verizon Touch Pro, and it probably won't boot at all. (Screen/Framebuffer issues, different memory map)

If it's running at 1 or 2 fps, then hardware acceleration isn't working. If you're getting 15 or 20 fps, then it is.

So far, the issues with the latest package I see are:

Wifi not working. Confirmed on my end. Can anyone who's played around with it tell me whether the wifi issue comes from running the latest system.sqsh or running the latest kernel/modules? (pretty sure it's the new kernel, which is a bummer, because that's hard to debug.)

CDMA Data not working unless you manually enter an APN. I used my old build that had custom APN settings, so I haven't tested this. I thought it had been fixed in the latest xdandroid package, but I guess not.