View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 11:49 AM
jbh00jh
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila Sense 2.1 / 2.5 *Updated Feb 3, 2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtglo View Post
Hey all,

I wanted to post what I've found/experienced with the new ROM and cabs on the first page after many trials and errors of hard resting etc.,

I flashed to the new ROM - DEFINITE upgrade. For those on the fence like I was... go for it. There is a noticeable improvement of speed and performance. The entire TouchFlo3D UI is smother and has a noticeably faster response.

I than installed Sense Fix 2.5 FIRST, than the Chainfire 3D driver cab.

I went through the original TouchFlo3D settings - mail, location etc., than disabled TouchFlo3D (after flashing, it will show HTC Sense in the today menu)

Soft reset

(I found that by changing my settings location to "ON" and downloading the "QuickGPS" prior to the sense 2.5 cab install, my location is set (Huntington Beach) after upgrading to 2.5...though it won't download any data afterwards...)

I than installed the Sense 2011 cab. At least in my trial and errors - installing these prior (sense fix and Chainfire 3D) this succession seems to have fixed/sped up any problems I had not doing so prior.

After installing the sense 2011 cab, I installed the picture rotate screen fix...whic, BTW, works perfect.

After which, I installed the Zenyee Disable HTC cab...

I than adjusted my registry: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Inbox/Settings/SMSNoSentMsg = 2 (changed from 1) ... this has fixed the error in sending and receving SMS messages through HTC (at least for me). I really don't use MMS much - so not sure if this helps or not. You'll, of course, need some kind of reg editor to do so.. Total Commander or Resco Explorer in my case.

Soft reset...

(I've found that disabling HTC Sense in the Today screen menu prior to soft resetting.. and than enabling HTC Sense after the reboot works the best/ fastest for me.. not necessary, just my MO.)

I now have the new ROM that I've flashed... Sense 2.5, picture rotate and SMS working....all fast and smooth.

My results since the new ROM flash: MUCH faster home screen w/ full weather wallpaper working without twitching or slow down.

HINT: I've read pressing the task menu in the upper right initiates the weather in the home screen (which works). If you press the end button for about a second or so (not long enough to activate the Quick Screen), it will start the weather animation on the home screen as well. Which, might I add, after the ROM flash, now seems to work smooth and quick, as does the clock.

I no longer need to use Speedbooster for any adjustments/tweaks... everything is working fast and smooth.

My problems: Opera 10 2u works, but completely slows down my Imagio, as does the stock Opera. So I've been using pocket IE for now, works great and when closing, my Imagio is as fast as it was prior to using. My Location, as mentioned in all posts above, does not update.

Thank you Jsmart518, Slumpey326 and Maxtcee (and all others) for your time and efforts with this. Hope my info that I pass along is helpful. =D>
Try Opera Mini V9b2 , it's really fast compared to the others.