View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Digipark

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |TP|ROM|6.5.5|WWE| * Energy 'Phoenix 2/Leo' (23529/21891) |Feb 6| Sense 2.1 & 2.

Found out about this ROM a week or so ago. Had been considering Mighty but went with this one to try (my first flash). No problems at all with the flashing process. Am on Energy.HERMAN.21889.StandardM2.5_27.Jan.2010.

Couple comments/questions...
* NRG - amazing work. I do php/mysql development and hosting. Understand the challenges in making things work. Thanks much.
* Sprint Touch Pro, 16g microSD
* Google Maps didn't seem to work (location). Once I got sprintnav_ppc_2.1.23.cab installed and run, it knew where I was. Installed Maxx134RegOptimizedTeleNav_Sprint_PPC_5.5.18.cab as well but haven't done anything with it.
* Battery drops fast on the top end but then takes forever to drain at the bottom. Someone commented about the usage tracking being reset after a flashing - probably the case. Will watch over time. New MugenPower 1500mah.
* SMS/MMS wasn't working. SMS works now after Remove PictureMail & Arcsoft.cab and JD Arcsoft 5.2.1.22.cab but no MMS yet. Do I need to run PictureMail.cab or is there something else? Never saw the GSM/2016 issues.
* Approx 94meg free (program memory). Not a huge issue, but is there anything I can move that frees up more program memory (does removing and reinstalling Opera onto external make a difference, and if so, how does that affect the Internet tab (2.5) since the browser it's referencing has been moved)?
* About the tabs, since I'm not using HTC Messaging, when clicking on a txt in messaging (2.5), it tried to launch HTC Messaging but can't. I don't remember if I've run Zenyee Disable yet - could that be the issue or is there another way to assign it?
* Enabling the clock in the taskbar overwrites the battery % indicator. Also, it doesn't do date/time. Any fixes for this?
* Someone mentioned font issues with PocketPutty. I'm not even getting a connection so I'll have to investigate. Important - I've got to be able to SSH to my servers. I never got VPN to work with the stock rom but had SSH going.
* In 2.5, SETTINGS, 'Locale & text', selecting 'Text input' gives an error (can't open EzInputSettings).
* Home Screen Tabs - how difficult/easy is it to add your own?
* Comm Manager transparent background available? Use as a tab?
* I've seen Voice Command mentioned - is that something additional to voice dialing?

Again, great ROM. I plan on saying thanks ($).
John