View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Kmagn13
PPCGeeks Regular

Kmagn13 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [SIM-UNLOCKER] - -RhodiumW/Sprint/Verizon/Telus Touch Pro 2 CID/Security/SIM Unlo

I did see a boost in my reception.... Dont know if this i was why... i had the 2.23WV radio before....Then Flashed the 2.23 WU radio... I did see any improvement with the 2.23 WU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syriel View Post
GSM does have a similar setup, but Sprint does not have roaming agreements with ATT US or TMO US. Basically, if you put the Sprint SIM in any GSM phone you're not going to lock onto a tower inside the US. The Sprint roaming agreements only come into play with foreign carriers.

If you only plan on using Sprint as your carrier you did not gain anything in the way of service options. You will NOT use any GSM towers in the US with the Sprint SIM. What you did gain is the ability to flash custom radio ROMs to the device.

By default, the stock Sprint radio only has support for GSM 900/1800 (Euro bands) even though the hardware supports GSM 850/900/1800/1900. When you flash Oli's WU radio to the Sprint TP2 it re-enables support for GSM 850/1900 (NA bands).

The reason that Sprint disabled the (NA bands) is because the Sprint TP2 (unlike the VZW TP2) is SIM unlocked from the factory. The VZW TP2 ships with full band support, but it is SIM locked from the factory.

DONT FORGET TO HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU