View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 05:55 PM
alabij
PPCGeeks Regular

alabij is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I really don't get the logic in the OP post. It argues with itself.

There is nothing great about the iPhone. There is nothing inovative about it. Having messed around with it. The iPhone is AOL to the internet. Aol designed the walledgarden and dummed down the internet. They restricted their users to their domain. It was very smart of them b the way and it made them great. Same thing with the iPhone, its a dummed down version of a smartphone, a handicapped smartphone at that.

Windows Mobile is the best right now. Why? Android is a rip-off of Windows Mobile.

Windows Mobile aka Windows CE is a building block. Windows Mobile is just the GUI. Microsoft allows the user to customize WM anyway they like. Without WM Handango and feloow others would never have existed. Sure Palm may have ruled the world before the PPC/PPCPE but MS opened the market. The idea of having a today screen that is comprised of plug-ins was ingenious.

MS could have designed a phone like the iPHone, locked down and restricted to only MS apps but they opened it up to cariers to do as they wish, all they provide are the building blocks. And what is Android, no more open source than Windows Mobile.

It's the same thing with MACS and PC's. Apple makes ll their hardware and almost all software. Don't get me wrong, I applaud apple for their smart business model. Dumming down technology for the average Joe. However, I'd take the customizability of a Windows Mobile phone over an iPhone or Android any day.

My first smartphone was the palm Kyocera QCP-6035 and my first PPCPE was the T-Mobile XDA. I've been there from the beginning and I can confidently say that the PPC has come a long way.

Furthermore, without WM, fanboi sites and developer sites like PPCGEEKS or XDA-devs wouldnt exist.