View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 06:27 PM
86gn
PPCGeeks Regular

86gn is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/29/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarttzy View Post
Okay so I need some help to finish off my perfect ROM using OMJ Cooker.

1. I hate the all the folders in start menu. How do i remove them? I would like to keep the office folder though.

2. I'm want to remove these files but think they may affect the phone adversely. So is it possible to remove Streaming Media, Ringer Keyboard and Set Volume(the one in folder System Tools) with out killing other programs?

3. I would like to have the phone automatically apply a certain background image and was hoping you could tell me how to do this.

4. The following programs make more sense to me for them to be in the folder "Settings" - Bluetooth Explorer, Java, WiFi Wizi, Xt9 and Comm Manager. How would I go about moving them in there?

5. what is Drivers-D3D-OEM CDMA for?

6. Could u set the phone to my location instead of having to delete the Florida location?

7. is it possible to automatically disable certain tabs on 2.5?

O and the Rom I have built is running lighting faster that OMJ one, also I got facebook photo viewer to work too (the phone pretends that my friends facebook photos are on my phone and organizes them into albums and what not) by instead of install the crap-task-tic opera 10 (the zoom is pain in the you know what) and put 9.7 with the slide zoomer I love, also the images for my favorite web links works too, but I bet you guys knew that.

An error I found in opera 10 that just wrecks my phone is when you click on a link in a text msg is not effected in opera 9.7

Thanks!
1.you can change what folder are created and where most of the file(program shortcuts) go in the INITFLASHFILE.DAT ,you use notpad to edit. In the kitchen its located @ OEM\DIAMOND\0409\OEM_LANG_0409.. You have to have show hidden files and make sure in vista or windows 7 to uncheck hide protected os files, all that is in the your folder options under control pannel.

Also if the program short cut is not in the intiflash file it will be in the EXT folder for that program and you can edit the app file to where it is placed in the rom.

2. To change the city that is loaded by default (insted of orlando) and you need to have one in there besides just my location to make sure it updates. Go here EXT\SHARED\010_SENSE_2.5_1920_MAIN\ MANIILA_WEATHER_2_5_19202521_0.. and edit the app.reg file with notepad and change where it has FL & ORLANDO to the city you are in assuming it is a city that is listed in the weather program.

3. I do believe the drivers folder has our display drivers in it.

4.You can set it up to have certain tabs to not show up but im not @ my computer to tell ya and dont remember off the top of my head.

Hope that helps and not to confusing with my rambling
This post has been thanked 3 times.