View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 02:42 PM
schettj
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Uh, do you have an iphone or ipod touch? I do.

safari > IE - true (mostly, but no flash on safari, and not all javascript sites work, so maybe not so much - more pretty? You betcha. More functional? After 10 minutes, not so much.)

iCal > WM calendar (wow... can I get some of what you're smoking? This is really really really not even close to true)

iTunes > media player (There is no "iTunes" - there is "music" and "videos", and they're just about as crappy overall as windows media player. Mortplayer kicks both their asses as an audio player, and tcpmp supports a lot more codecs then WMP and the apple video player... sigh)

I'm no WM fanboy, nor am I an iWhatever fanboy. They all suck in different ways, and are good in different ways. For example, if you need to cut and past (anything) you want to stay away from the iWhatevers until 1.1.3 is released (rumored to have the magical cut and past feature from 1962 implemented. Ah, the great leap forward has begun!)

No doubt android will suck in completely new ways. The most interesting things about it have everything to do with it being an open platform. The Java-sdk is disappointing (oh wow, a java phone. How very Nokia 2003) but sooner or later a native sdk will come out - by then the Apple native sdk should be out, and of course the WM native SDK and PalmOS and Symbian SDKs have been around for more then a decade. So at least there will be lots of choices, and HTC can lower the handset price by $30 since they won't have to pay palm/ms/symbian a license fee for the OS.