View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 11:51 PM
del4
N00b

del4 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - ALPHA (buggy. as. hell.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I've been downloading apps from the Market over CDMA data just fine with this new build... Do you have an APN setup? I would imagine that data wouldn't work at all if you didn't...

And you're using the newest 2/4 build? I know I had issues with the Market until this version. Works flawlessly (the Market that is) in this version.

Oh, and if Makk's answer wasn't enough... Generally you can just replace modules/zImage if that's all that is posted, but if there's a new build I prefer to wipe my SD card and start clean. You don't *have* to, but again I prefer to just start clean. There's a couple of files you can backup like calibration and the .img file - but I've also heard backing up the img file can cause problems.
Yes, I'm using the files posted by peterm20 here and I have an access point setup with Name = Android and APN = internet. All of my Gmail, contacts and calendar sync up just fine and I can browse the web, load the Market etc., but every download of an app fails, so I must be doing something wrong. Saw some other mentions of turning on/off WiFi to kickstart the Market, as well as launching Google Talk/Voice, etc., but none of that has made any difference. Really would like to get the market working as right now, the build is otherwise stable and I'm anxious to play around with it some more. Another other thoughts?