View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 01:05 AM
CDRacingZX6R
PPCGeeks Regular

CDRacingZX6R is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I bought the Iphone and had it for about two months. There is nothing wrong with it if your needs are limited to it. It's great for watching movies. It's great for listening to music on (even though I hate Itunes). It's built in functions work as they are supposed to (Alarm, threaded SMS, etc).

And of course, there are even lots of free 3rd party programs if you have jailbroken yours.

But what it lacks in for me, are the deal breakers. It's inability to run a high speed network, makes the the amazing feeling you get when you see a full web page on safari turn into pure hatred as you sit there for 20 minutes loading large sites like IGN.

The built in keyboard function works great for people with smaller hands. So if you find yourself a texting whore like myself, it takes to long to really get anything out there.

It's lack of professional built applications at the moment. (If you want things as simple as check book balancers, document viewing and writing, detailed day planners, etc) It's not there in either the private department through jailbreak, or through apple themselves.

I know that you have to pay for these features to be useful on the PPC.. But you still have that option. With dev kits hitting soon for the iphone, this will change eventually. But right now, there is just far to much software that is out there. To much ability to customize and change, etc that goes with Windows mobile for me to consider going to anything like the iphone again.

Windows Mobile is far from perfect, but the last device I used was windows mobile 2003 (old IPAQ), and to me it has come a long way. Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but a long way nonetheless.