View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 04:21 PM
shad0w77
Halfway to VIP Status

shad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-4 ][ v1.5 ][ 28223 / 21891 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltikus View Post
I need some help

Is there a kitchen for idiots walkthrough somewhere?

I've tried building roms with this kitchen off and on for a while over the past few releases, betas, rcs, and EVERYTIME the phone ends up locking up at random spots and hard resetting itself or getting stuck at a boot screen causing me to have to hard reset or load a dif rom.

I know it has be something I am doing wrong because there are so many of you who seem to have great results.

I'm not adding anything to the kitchen.
I don't mess with the SYS, XIP, OEM section (maybe that's my problem but I don't know what needs to be done there if anything).
The freezing and hard resetting happens even if I don't install any cabs.
I've tried flashing the stock rom first, then removing the battery for a few minutes, then hard resetting, loading the rom I built in this kitchen, booting that up, turn off the phone, remove battery for a few minutes, hard reset, and still same issues.

But I don't have issues with Calkulin's ROMs, just the kitchen.

I like his ROMs the best because I like having the latest builds, 6.5.x UI, Manila 2.5, but there are a few things I would like to add/remove.

For now I will stick with his ROMs and install cabs for what I want to add and just not use the stuff that I would like to remove, but I would love to be able to use the kitchen more effectively.
have you tried flash dancing? lolol i love that term. try going back to stock, let it run through the customizations, then flash to u're custom built rom and hardreset.