MstaCDLite
PPCGeeks Regular

MstaCDLite is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *2/2* *SsS-ROM r5* *WM6.5(21890.5.0.88)* *Topaz Sense 2.5 Final*

Quote:
Originally Posted by killher View Post
So I've noticed this in R2, R4 and now R5. But what is odd is that the wiper (or any weather animation slowdown) only occurs on the Home screen with a custom background. The wiper is just perfect on the weather screen even though it too has a non-default/black background. What's even more odd is that on the weather screen, the wiper animation occurs perfectly and you can see your background from start to finish. On the Home screen, the wiper animation starts with a black background and then the custom background fades in during the considerably slowed animation.

I don't have a solution, I'm just reporting my experience to see if any of the more skilled people here can derive the problem out of it after confirming with others. The only thought I had is there a way to specifically disable the weather animation on the Home screen, but leave it on for the weather screen?

I doubt it has to do with my specific background, but if it is useful I'm simply using the jpg named "HTC_stwater_480_800" found in the windows dir. Same background on all pages.
I don't believe thats a problem, its just a characteristic of the Animated Weather on the home screen. It supposed to make the rain drops more visible and makes the effect of your background fading in... I actually like it.