View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 08:28 PM
Eschelon
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Does Wifi Router = Tethering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
company phone so...don't really wanna do custom ROMs

i can install the 2 files but i am trying to figure out if i need to.

i have been using wi-fi router for awhile now, never got the vzw web page. so i am trying to figure out if...

a) my boss is going to ask me wtf is up with my phone bill =)
b) if wi-fi router does NOT need the 2 fix files as it is undetectable

etc...

i appreciate your help!
I understand about not wanting to flash to a custom ROM since it's comapny related

To answer your questions:

a) As long as you install the two files, you will not see a charge on your bill. But you MUST install these two files if you are on the stock ROM

b) wi-fi router DOES NEED the two files. the original files that came with your phone are 'bad' and can tell that you're tethering. those 2 files in the other thread you're referring to will replace the ones that came with your phone and modify the internet sharing function of your phone so that your carrier cannot see the tethering

So install those 2 files and you'll be good to go. Your boss should not see any extra charges, and you will still be able to use wifi router with no problems

good luck