N00b

gregjuice is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel Plan VS Droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGKC9AYC View Post
Anyone?

im in the same boat as you, and i finally gave up. i was trying to get my touch pro replaced with something better, but alltel really doesnt offer any thing better imo. i even wanted to buy a verizon phone third party outright, and chickened out on that because of them claiming i could not activate it. obviously us unmerged alltel customers are not going to be given verizon phones because they are the competition. more than likely we will get sucked into the s**tstorm that is AT&T soon, so my advice is dont spend much on a fancy new phone like i almost did, because if we go to the darkside it wont work on GSM anyways. i did, however have the alltel manager upset enough to give me any phone they offer new and free of charge. i opted to keep my Tpro, but they noted my account incase i change my mind. ive always liked alltel, but they seemed to have dropped the ball in the last year since the vzn buyout. the phones they offer are definately behind the times, customer servicehas suffered considerably, and im locked in until april 2011 in a state without a single alltel store.

i have officially waged war on alltel using as much data as i possibly can hoping they will drop me due to all the verizon roaming i do, but no such luck yet. last month i used about 16 gigs between 2 lines, all of which flashing the old triangle in the taskbar.

is it really too much to ask for a TP2, droid, or something even remotely close? i say nay! i shouldnt have to go behind their back and unlock and flash windows mobo 6.5 followed by hours and hours of tweaks and de-bugging, just to keep up with the times.

p.s. i cant believe i just ranted this much from my touch pro lol, sorry if i went wayyyyy off topic everyone!