DLCPhoto
Regular 'Geeker

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Travel to south africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
Hands free activation is what I d like to disable that isht even if it only asks once if the phone is coming from a total shutsdown.
I checked Celtrek.. site and rates, in my case I dont see why I would pay higher rates with them opposed to going with a local carrier.
People can just "page me" so to speak on my local number, and I call back. Again it depends on what type of settings the person have, you cant have customers paging and waiting and the whole 9....
Different solutions for different people with different needs.

In my case, Costa Rica's cell infrastructure is such that there's little chance I could actually get a SIM there, so that wasn't an option. And since I'm going to a couple of different countries, it was just easier to have a single SIM, set up and tested before I leave the U.S., that will work in both. The rates were reasonable for both of these countries ($.10/minute incoming, $.32/minute outgoing in Costa Rica, $.23/minute incoming, $.47/minute outgoing in Greece), at least for my relatively limited needs to call home and check in with the family from time to time, so this seems to be the best solution for me.

And now that I've permanently entered the PIN, I no longer have to do anything different from normally.

(Ironically, I found that TMobile's GSM signal is stronger in my home than Verizon's CDMA! - TMobile is what it picks up when I switch to GSM mode.)