View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 02:28 AM
Mojary
PPCG's Travelling Nomad

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Travel to south africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
am up North, local SIM IS THE way to go. Also, you can find out about pay as you go carrier there, and get hooked up with data as well. Foret Sprint man. No need to unlock jack isht.Just pop a Sim and you are on as I did. I am only using wifi for now until i settle more to get into some type of prepaid sce..
+1 on what HB said. NEVER use carrier int'l roaming. they'll charge you your soul for the service! your phone is already sim unlocked for international use (but will not work while you're in the USofA). just make sure you switch your network settings on your phone to GSM. the data would depend if the carrier runs on 3g. but sometimes, even if that is the case, you may not be able to get 3g because of where you are locationwise.

and if you want to save your family and friends stateside in contacting you, you can check this website out http://www.celtrek.com for their SIMs for roaming (waaaay cheaper than Sprint roaming). it's a pre-paid and you still get a local US number so family/friends can call you at no charge to them. you can use this to get in contact with your peeps in the US (check their rates) and then get a local pre-paid SIM for calling with in S. Africa.

hope this helps....have a safe trip!

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 01-30-2010 at 03:06 AM.