View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 08:57 PM
wjrandon
Regular 'Geeker

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon
Re: RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telek View Post
First report I've ever heard of that - must have been a coincidence - what exactly happened? We have a lot of Sprint users and even more CDMA users worldwide who haven't had that problem.
Two weeks ago I unlocked my phone to try out Sense 2.1 and 2.5 ROMs I was getting impatient waiting for Sprint to release their WM 6.5 update. The chefs roms only remained on my phone for about a week. I found them to be too unstable and flash back to the official Sprint rom but didn't relock my phone. That's where my troubles began.

The device wouldn't hold the EVDO connection and I kept being bumped to 1x, which prompted me to call Sprints tech support to make sure nothing was wrong with cell towers in my area. I updated my profile and PRL but to no avail, hard reseting didn't help the issue either. I was certain it was either Sprint's problem or my Touch Pro 2 was busted.
That's when I recalled not relocking my phone after loading the stock rom.

Once I did relock my device with the offical rom my phone was back to being snappy with no problems maintaining a EVDO data connection. Maybe it was a fluke, but that's what happened.