View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 05:59 PM
basilray
Halfway to VIP Status

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why does everyone hate the iphone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
true, apple has better marketing, and true, most people don't want to have to modify and customize their device they just want an out of the box ipod with apps and a phone.

Just because a lot of people bought it doesn't make it "better" than winmo, I mean "most" voters elected the prez and well...

you're being honest from your point of view, which I can respect, but the iphone being any "better" is an opinion. Using the fact that more people have an iphone doesn't mean it's a better device, some might argue it's proof of the social degeneration. If you made a pie graph of average IQ of iphone user and compare it with average IQ of winmo user I think it might be skewed. (and when I say average I don't mean people like you because people who jailbreak, unlock, and utilize the full device is in the minority).

I could give countless examples when "most people think this..." and it was basically a good marketing ploy exploiting people's desire to be lazy and cool. I like Steve Jobs and I think Apple is a very genius enterprise, but the iphone has too many flaws to be considered objectively better.

True. If sales made a device better than another, the Motorola Razr would still be the best phone in the whole wide world...