MadSquabbles
PPCGeeks Regular

MadSquabbles is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why does everyone hate the iphone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
now as far as the browser goes.. i want you to find an article out there that says that a win mobile compatible browser is flat out better than safari... good luck with that challenge. because im sorry no one has ever said any browsing experience surpassed it. they said some are close, hell i doubt someone's even said it was comperable.. but def not better.. think about this.. if windows mobile had a browser like safari.. would any of you really search for another one? seriously?? and would it be your MAIN browser???? ok flash support or not, if you had safari on your win mobile phone (yes im asking it again to push how obvious the answer would be) and it worked the exact same way it performed on an iphone, would any other browser be your default browser???? be honest with yourself.. because the answer is h3ll no!
saying they're close gives too much credit. for all my smartphones i've always used engadget.com as a test to see how fast they load. only skyfire came somewhat close to the iphone (ipod touch 2g in my case) but looks like garbage - i really can not stand skyfire, blurred images while zoomed out is bleh. opera took forever and i basically just gave up.

the samsung moment and hero did better than winmo but still slow. the moment was a bit faster than the hero.

the ipod touch, however, loads the site in seconds. it's only got 50MB or so of ram yet out performs the other devices with near 100MB of free memory.

i did purchase the tp2 becuase i'm on sero and have a hard time justifying the cost of switching plans. plus no other platform has a program that can sync with quicken 2010 without work arounds - inesoft cash organizer is nice, not finger friendly but powerful for a mobile finance app.

i'm still having doubts about staying with winmo and i've got a week to change my mind.

btw here's test by engadget with nexus one, droid, and the iphone loading their website:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/engad...eos/869/32.069