Old 01-26-2010, 03:35 PM
oofangus
Lurker
Threadstarter

oofangus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to uninstall hotfix?

This hotfix was distributed as an executable (TIT_S01294.exe) that runs on the device, itself.

As far as uninstalling, I tried looking at Start > Settings > System > Remove Programs, but don't see it in that list. I was hoping that it would show up as an installed program, like hotfixes/patches/service packs do on big Windows. No such luck.

The thought had crossed my mind to contact U.S. Cellular for help, then I came to my senses. To be fair, I have become a loyal U.S. Cellular over the years because they treat me so well. Good plans, fair rates, and excellent customer service have been the norm. They are slow, however, to adopt new technologies. In turn, their technical staff know little/nothing about EVDO, GPS, tethering to a laptop, etc. Correspondingly, the level of support they are able to provide for the HTC Touch, even for basic operations, is effectively none.

This being only the second mobile phone I've ever owned, I'm still not entirely clear on the OS-level differences between providers that use the same underlying hardware. I presume, however, that the SMS issue this hotfix addresses isn't U.S. Cellular specific (the Sprint users seem to be discussing the same thing on their forum), nor is the method of distribution/installation. I'm hoping that there is some generic Windows Mobile way of uninstalling hotfixes.