View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 08:23 PM
BlackDynamite
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is Windows Mobile Vanishing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
It really doesn't help that there are all kinds of WinMo stereotypes out there as well..and honestly, can't deny a bunch of them. If it weren't for custom ROMs I would never in a million years, have boughten a TP2. They are going to have to advertise the crap out of the updates to WinMo, just like they're doing with Windows 7, to try and break down the stereotypes.

I didn't even give the Sprint ROM a chance when I got my TP2 (immediately loaded Mighty) but if it was anything like the TP, I can see why people are so disappointed and untrusting of Windows right now.
I gave the stock ROM a chance. I had to- there was no hard SPL yet.

And yeah, the stock ROM sucked, big time.

Having said that- the stock ROM is not Microsoft's fault. That is a Sprint (and HTC) thing. The fact that you can use a custom ROM that prforms much better (and at a satisfactory level) just means Microsoft actually got it right. The problem is Sprint customized the ROM in an unsatisfactory manner. And this is the normal thing for carriers to do.