View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 08:56 PM
princelton
N00b
Threadstarter

princelton is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ok, I have gone through step by step, methodically, and am confused on the uninstall / reinstall of the WMDC. This isn't listed as a program, in add/remove programs (or whatever Vista calls it) The only method I can find at all is at the windows mobile site, I navigate to uninstall windows mobile device center, follow the steps for genuine check and the download begins, only the title of the program being downloaded changed, to Windows mobile device center DRIVERS???? I let if finish and it shows HTC USB Sync and related drivers being reinstalled.... when it was finished all was the same as before, I.E. connection to Mogul still available only through "my computer" and no file transfer at all..... Looking at the windows mobile site there is a reply in the troubleshooting re: this issue and it says with 64 Bit vista sometimes a second install makes it work, so I downloaded the installed again and it installed again (took forever) then all of a sudden, windows was installing USB drivers and other device drivers and WMDC opened out of nowhere, then hung, has been hung for 20+ minutes now, onto next steps, just in case.....

Uninstall what? regclean where?

Next step, in services: RapiMgr & WcesComm

in processes: WmdHost.exe & wmdc.exe

they are set to auto start (delayed) BUT to PID 2632 not 3680???? (is this our issue?) also when I minimized I noticed WMDC is still hung along with the device driver dialoge box with the following info:
Your Devices are Ready to Use.

The software for this device has been sucessfully installed.

HTC USB Sync Ready to use
Windows mobile device Ready to use.
Unidentified device Searching preconfigured driver folders.....

I will copy to PM, close browser, and wait for un-hang, I know vista will usually unhang on its own....