View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Malatesta
Moderator/WMExperts Staff

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What if Google bought HTC? Could Kill WinMo 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by amd4me View Post
Dont condescend me, I do this for a living.
What's that, posting vague, non-supported statements on message boards, substituting dialogue with argumentum ad verecundiam or confusing condescension with criticism?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkionMarnot View Post
..Most phone makers use the trade & license model. It's the market standard. There are few exceptions to this like Nokia, Sony Erikkson, ect. And if the latest trends are any indication, even these companies are having a hard time lately. It's hard to deny Apple changed the game in this space, and it's not easy to to change your business model to full house manufacturer, especially given the lack of experience in hardware/software or independent sales. Google probably wouldn't waste time buying a industry giant and take on established leaders, in addition to upsetting just established partners on aits main mobile platform. Seeing the problems Sony & Motorola are going through, I doubt Google will go that route, and on that note, Microsoft. Besides, the license model works well for most to market their wares as a virtually unknown (in mindshare) platform. Apple at least had the iPod platform to push iPhone, and they have the experience of being a hardware/software manufacturer. But hey just my two cents.
Well said.

Google has a lot on their plate. Doing hardware isn't something they're looking to get into quite yet.

Last edited by Malatesta; 01-24-2010 at 02:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.