View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 10:40 PM
fishingmedic
VIP Member

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |MalROM|WM6.5.3 (23518)|WM6.5 (21889) [Jan 14th]

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsez View Post
i am about to gift away a SIM unlocked verzion TP2 with MalROM v1.5b6 WM6.5.3 + Sense 2.1 on it. to be used with Airtel/India.
the chances of this person ever upgrading the ROM is slim to none.

can i confidently and comfortably send it away. thinking it will last for the next year or two?

pls. suggest any possible tweaks that should go in before its too late.

Thanks.
It all depends on what the "giftee" is looking for as far as tweaks. Mal has put some pretty decent stuff in there already, but dare I ask, what are you going to do if the phone starts getting funky overseas, i.e. flash back to stock, HR, flash back to Mal's rom, etc? Have you had any other ROM's on the phone, have you had any issues with it to date? I personally would be leary about sending the phone overseas for a year or two to a person who is very unlikely to understand the potential issues {unless of course you send a separate sd card w/ the stock ROM and a couple of custom ROM's for the person to flash via sd card ) Is there a reason you're not sending it with stock ROM, as it obviously is the most stable, although less customized.
This post has been thanked 1 times.