View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Improve
Regular 'Geeker

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Improve
Re: Ram Sweep or HTCAddicts CleanRam

I know the simplest and quickest answer is to soft reset, however since sense 2.5 has twitter tab, as well as other ram intensive apps (My HTC Peep settings download 180 tweets every 15 minutes/plus I run MM 2.81) I often have to wait for an entire minute or two after a Soft Reset for everything to load on my TP2 properly. Otherwise the device will lock up if I begin using it as normal immediately following a soft reset which would only cause me to soft or hard reset again, depending on how locked up the phone gets.

To avoid the soft reset and the possible 1 or 2 minute wait for everything I’m running to update and load, I just simply go to
Settings>Today>Items>windows Default>OK
and I run Clean Ram on level 3 then I go right back to
Settings>Today>Items>HTC Sense>OK
At that point I have recovered a decent amount of ram.
(Today for example it went from 82% back to 66%)

This might seem strange but I avoid locking up sense 2.5, having to soft reset, and waiting for all of sense 2.5 apps along with any other thing you’re running to load.

This is simply what works for me until Clean RAM works on 2.5 without locking up.

Note: I’m running Juicy R8