View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 08:07 AM
RyanMayo
Regular 'Geeker

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 13 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirodj5 View Post
texts from my previous rom show up in sense after i restore them with myphone, but the new text i got only shows in the all messages area. my old messages still show in the sense screen- odd

I noticed in the last few days, people are expressing the same problem with the dialer i am having over on energys thread

i tried excel in both sense and windows default - neither of them will open a new instance of excel - prob a microsoft issue

the wallpaper is listed under Menu >home wallpaper>animated wallpaper> the purple one. my eyes tend to get distracted by backgrounds like your orange clock. too much detail. i tend to like non-descript backgrounds better. just my personal preference

I am enjoying this new rom. thank you Root
I am running MaxRootRomComboGV0117_28011 and I have had none of the issues you describe. I flash back and forth between Root and Ski Roms, depending on who has the newest release. Both ROMS are tits. They are both as close to perfect as you can get OTB.

1) My dialer fits the screen perfectly. My only issue with the phone is that when you make answer an in coming call, the phone keeps vibrating for about 2 seconds after the call is answered and the other party does not appear to hear me until the vibrating stops. If you choose to slide the slider to "Ignore" the phone continues its vibrate/ring for about 2 seconds and then the volume controls open. A little annoying, but I can certainly live with that. (This happens on both SKI (ahuskins) and Root (Rootlinux) ROMS.

2) My text messages show up in Sense just fine. You can click on "All Messages" and it will show your messages what looks like WM and you have different sort options like on Outlook. (I believe that the messaging client is a modded version of HTC Messaging skinned to look like WM. Could be vice versa) Sending and receiving from either place works great. BTW, the bubble messsaging only shows up when you choose "All Messages" and then choose a text message recipient.

3) Have had no issues with Excel.

4) Not sure about the wallpaper you refer to.

Hope this helps you and any potential flashers!

Keep up the great cookin' chef!

Last edited by RyanMayo; 01-20-2010 at 08:10 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.