View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 10:53 PM
thepolishguy
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My Very Own Extra Special Device Registry Edit Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience1 View Post
Question on #8 disable sms message sent. I follow the registry down to "settings" and then my choices are OEM or Svc. Can't find that string that reads SMSNoSentMs g = "2". I'm greener than grass with this stuff so go slow and thanks.
I think you are having the same problem i had when i first started trying to figure out registry edits... When you get down to the settings folder and open it you have another folder "OEM". And then you are probably looking for another folder "SMSNoSentMs".

Instead you actually need to click on that "Settings" folder. The "SMSNoSentMs" is actually in that settings folder. Not in a folder in the folder. If that makes any sense. SO instead of opening the plus sign on the Settings folder- you actually need to go into the settings folder and when you do you should see what you are looking for.

hope that makes sense.