Old 01-18-2010, 01:53 PM
alfredo-x
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

alfredo-x is keeping up the good workalfredo-x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Motorola Droid on Cricket??

well these people aren't familiar to me, i don't know the "father's" of any cooked stuff for anything that isn't for HTC devices... like ryanmogul, NRG, mightymike... but w/e
and no i'm not going to surf the forums for who did something "important" or whatever.

anyways i found a few videos of some people that have configured the Verizon droid on cricket, they even have a company that charges to flash cell phones... but of course, they themselves point out that the settings don't stick for some reason... they keep reverting back to sprint.

but they did have internet, gps, mms, sms, voice calls working... but in these forums i don't see any section for droid hacking... all we have is this forum, and it seems dedicated to general talk...

and the reason why i called some of you trolls was because you bring up irrelevant crap to my question.

look around these forums, 60% of the people that use these forums, use them to unlock phones, and then flash them to either other carriers or to flash the crappy stock ROM that comes with most of them.

and i don't think even 1% of the community gives a rat's ass if "we hurt the carrier's feelings" by flashing and unlocking their devices... we we cared, everything that has been developed thus far wouldn't exist...

and i for one, am not going to take my wallet to the slaughterhouse at verizon, att, t-mobile, sprint... none of those carriers offers you a reasonable unlimited plan (including high speed data) for less than $50/mo.
only cricket does that... the only thing is they don't have any good smart phones... that's why i had to buy a used htc touch pro 2, unlock it, and flash it to cricket, now i get 3G/EVDO, and everything else for $50/mo

so there... just don't bring anymore of that crap, i'm only really interested in resources and any info i can gather about flashing or configuring a droid for cricket... or what exactly is the programming issue that they can't get past.