View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 01:47 PM
christjosh
PPCGeeks Regular

christjosh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski
Quote:
Originally Posted by christjosh View Post
Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

I understand why you did this but i have to side with those who question the need. My phone has never locked up to the point that a soft reset didnt do the trick (either via the power button or a soft reset tweak).
Well I drilled the hole before i saw this post and i have to side with the whole drillers.

1. Read the "broken buttons" thread. My power button broke. Functions- but not that easy to press anymore and i don't want it totally broken.

2. When you are testing out a lot of software that is in alpha stage, often the phone locks up to the point that the buttons don't do anything.

If you are a person that is just happy to have a stock phone and not fool around with it, then ya, the hole is not necessary. But if you like to test out a lot of different things (that may have not been specifically designed for your phone because no one else bought it so they aren't bothering developing anything for it) then the hole comes in pretty handy.
Thats cool. Like I said, I understand why you might want to do this I just haven't had that extreme situation occur yet. Hope I never do!