View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 03:34 AM
makkonen
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - PRE-ALPHA (not yet usable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsUF View Post
Seems to run better than I expected. The screen calibration is off though, which I saw discussed elsewhere. You have to swipe up and down to get it to go left and right, and vise versa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karafa View Post
I am trying to redo the calibration data.. these numbers:

echo 800,875,100,675,450,575,800,175,100,175 > /sys/class/input/input3/calibration_points

What are they? I'm guessing they are 5 points on the touch screen..? Can you provide any additional info on them?
ok. It seems like a bunch of people are having trouble with the calibration. For the end users: Delete /Storage Card/conf/eclair.user.conf. Download eclair.user.conf.txt from the first post in this thread. Rename it to eclair.user.conf. Put it in /Storage Card/conf/, where the old eclair.user.conf was.

If you've done this all successfully, the calibration should be completely usable. Clicks on the right side of the touchscreen will report as being about 3-5mm left of where you have clicked, but otherwise everything should be about correct (up is up, down is down, etc.). Sorry for the extra complication, but this feels much less agonizing than the old touchscreen, once it mostly works.

karafa, and any others who are interested in more detail (I'll spell this out in extra detail, just in case someone needs it): echo is a posix command to simply echo back the text entered. > causes the output of echo to be directed to the file in question -- calibration_points is the location of the device's user-accesible calibration interface. I assume on the device this code was meant for (HTC Tattoo, I'm guessing) there was a built in android function to talk to it.

And the important bit: those 10 numbers are of the form X1,Y1,X2,Y2,X3,Y3,X4,Y4,X5,Y5, and are the XY coordinates of the 5 points on the touchscreen used to calibrate it (Upper Left, Upper Right, Center, Lower Left, Lower Right). Because it natively reads the coordinates in such a backwards way (hence the upside down and backwards-ness of it when it doesn't correctly read the calibration settings), these numbers end up looking a little crazy. But those were the best I could come up with.

If you open the dev tools > pointer position (? something like that) you can see what it's reading. If you echo new numbers to /sys/class/input/input3/calibration_points, it'll immediately update, and you can see if it makes the pointer any more accurate.

But that's not a good use of your time, because just having the device read and write the calibration should be much better, as soon as it works.

OK. All for now.