View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 08:20 PM
EvilRSA
Lurker

EvilRSA is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to EvilRSA Send a message via AIM to EvilRSA Send a message via MSN to EvilRSA Send a message via Yahoo to EvilRSA
So far....I really don't think I've had too many "Exchange" problems....I think all of the issues I've had with exchange are other things that interface with it or that exchange is dependent on....

for one....we have issues with our Exchange not sending mail to certain domains, some days, and other days no issues, and still yet other days; its completely different domains that it has problems with. It basically will say, I'm sorry Hotmail.com isn't a valid domain. But really, I want to say that its all a DNS issue. so I have it sending all out bound mail to another server (My personal mail server for my domain, housed on the same network) and it handles all the outbound for the exchange system.

another issue is IIS and some services on the system; lets just say......reboots are a nail biter - You never know if its going to reboot cleanly or it services will hang. Long and short of it is, the server needs to be taken down, and freshly installed...but doing that is also a bit of an under taking...and so far.....if it hasn't just fallen over on its side and died yet.....we'll get to it in a little bit. LOL

The Server upgrade is starting to move along now though..(2 years after we noticed we needed to do it) looking forward to Server 2003 with Exchange 2007...

but in regard to the iPhone, we where never running IMAP or an externally accessable SMTP port, both of which the iPhone needs for its "pretend Exchange" support.