View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 01:07 AM
proxcee
PPCGeeks Regular

proxcee is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28011/21885 |Dec 31| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisdom3G View Post
@ Proxcee - You don't use the PIM Backup utility to back-up your contacts? I've personally never had a problem using that program to back-up my contacts in the last 5 or so years I've been using it...I did however notice that you just can not have more than one program backing up your contacts, hence the duplicates...So for example if you have activesync back up your contacts, then you restore your contacts with your preferred back up utility but then when you sync your phone it duplicates everything in your contacts list, so I just use PIM backup and make sure that backup is saved on my SD card, safe and sound.
Naahhhh...
Every time I flash I let Sashimi reinstall all apps...gmail accts...reg settings..etc. Since sashimi does it all...I figured I might as well let it backup and restore PIM too...so contacts, calendar, call history gets restored. Dups came from funky active sync problems. Once I cleaned it up and made a backup with sashimi I was golden.

Havent tried recovering from that issue with PIM backup but if it restores pim.vol then it should work.

Last edited by proxcee; 01-16-2010 at 01:09 AM.