View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 12:38 AM
proxcee
PPCGeeks Regular

proxcee is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28011/21885 |Dec 31| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxcee View Post
Not sure if this is a new issue or not but has anyone been having problems where the phone freezes and when you soft reset it and it comes back up...I get the "No Service" icon AND Sense tries to start but fails after a few minutes.

Another thing...I get the "No Service" icon so I can not make or receive calls....but data still works. Can still pull web pages and send and receive email.

I've tried flashing stock and then back to Dec. 31. I've also tried flashing the 1.96.00 radio.

Anyone have a clue? Thx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisdom3G View Post
I have just one question first...Is your phone Sim/CID/Security unlocked?...Or just HSPL unlocked? If you are just HSPL unlocked and NOT Sim/CID/Security unlocked as well, then the 1.96.00 radio cannot be used on your phone, assuming you are talking about having flashed the 1.96.00 WU patched radio. This may be the reason you have a "No Service" icon.
To answer your question...yes I am unlocked...in all 3 ways. I also have the correct (patched) radio too. I wanted to reply because I "kind of" found the issue and wanted to share so if anyone else runs into this problem they will at least be able to recover.

Im not sure what sparks this but some how my pim.vol gets corrupted. Not that it should matter but I had alot of duplicate contacts...total size of the file was 1882k. From what I can tell that file gets corrupted and HTC Sense freezes up forcing me to soft reset. Once it comes back up...I get NO bars (no service icon), Sense wont start, cant open contacts, and cant bring up the phone app to even make a call...in other words totally screwed up.

The way I recovered from it is this:
I use Sashimi to backup my PIM among other things too...So I simply delete my \pim.vol file and in Sashimi I restore my PIM then soft reset. When it comes back up everything works again. No need to hard reset anymore.

Like I said...it doesnt happen on the stock sprint rom because there is no HTC Sense. Hope this helps someone else.