View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 11:35 AM
nmhusa
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Forget Pandora ! Register with Lala for music streaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Exactly.

It has always been possible to stream music (or video or pics ar anything else stored on your hard drives) from your home computer using ORB so that's really nothing new.

To me, Pandora rocks because it comes up with music I don't already own & sometimes comes up with song versions I haven't heard before.

~John
Lala doesn't stream music from your home (like ORB). It streams it from it's own collection of music on its servers. The beauty is that after Lala verifies the existance of the music files on your drive, you can shut of your PC, Mac etc and Lala will continue to allow streaming of those songs for free from its servers in any order, playlist, at any time you choose.

It trumps Pandora by allowing user choice in song, album etc played at anytime and it trumps ORB by not needing to have anything running on the users end.