View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 04:45 AM
bluedeer
PPCGeeks Regular

bluedeer is keeping up the good workbluedeer is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: If Sprint & VZW had iPhone, will you switch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
this is the last post im goiog to read but you are clueless. when jailbroken, visually the iphone/touch is 100x more custimizable than windows mobile anyday. You maybe have a HANDFUL of taskbars, dont kid yourself, and most of those look pretty much the same too, maybea color change. We have like a choice of 5-10 taskbar icons if we are lucky

just check out how their post your screenshot thread makes ours look like utter sh!t.
http://www.macthemes.net/forum/viewt...=16794754&p=91

they easily have atleast triple the amount of themes we have available. EASILY
100x? I disagree. To claim 100x would be to claim that it is completely different at least one hundred times than the original. But every iPhone 'customization' I see, is little more than skins. The buttons are in the same places, the same shapes, as are backgrounds, menus, and icons. So are Windows Mobile. The fact that it's a little harder to skin a Windows Mobile phone doesn't really mean anything, there's plenty of ways to do it and plenty of people who do it. But a majority of people stick with Stock, just like iPhone users. So it's a little outlandish to claim '100x more customizable', especially considering that unlike an iPhone, Windows Mobile has different shells that actually allow you to customize your Windows Mobile interface (Which is really what the whole thing is about...never ever hear an 'iPhone is better than WinMob!' person say anything that -ISN'T- about the Interface!) moreso than even on Jailbroken iPhones.

All in all, it suffices as this. Neither the iPhone nor Windows Mobile phone is 'better' than each other. It's only about personal preferences. Each phone has its pros and cons. Each one has its ups and downs. Each one scores over the other in different ways, but neither of them are actually particularily comparable. It's like comparing two different cars that cost about the same, run about the same, and offer slightly different but equally neglible features candied to appeal to a particular demographic. But in the end, it all boils down to whether or not you prefer Leather seats to Cloth (Not that either is 'better'), Chrome or Matte rims, white or black paint, two door or four door.

There are plenty of other threads out there that detail precisely how much an iPhone versus any other Windows Mobile phone it is compared to differs, and in every one of those threads, always degenerate to 'Well, I don't care what you say, my iPhone RULEZ' even when the technical people sit down and point out the differences. Few of the iPhone users can actually point out any real actual perks of the iPhone over any Windows Mobile phone beyond Pretty Interface and Apps, both of which are easily changeable in Windows Mobile and are only limited to people who code the software. So what do you expect? It'd be a whole lot more useful if a knowledgeable iPhone user came in and started discussing seriously ways to improve both types of phones as opposed to comparing with the purpose of 'my phone is better'. So yes, we have the right to feel a little defensive.

So if we're going to compare, let's compare. But let's do it in a way of 'What have we got right, and what have we got wrong between the two types, and how can we improve it?'.
This post has been thanked 1 times.