View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 05:02 PM
crypto666
Lurker

crypto666 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is there a way to force EVDO only on TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca2l3vin View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50301; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

i am alittle confused. why would you want only evdo if you could stop others from calling during your data session with a * code? only thing that would happen now is when evdo drops to a low signal you Wont have 1x to fall back on to keep the connection from dropping all together..sry if I seem dense just not seeing the point.

Just for the sake of finding out the issue I will try to find the missing strings then test it. GL.

Even a weak EVDO signal will be faster than a strong 1x. It is a speed thing. IMO the fact that it blocks calls is an added bonus in some cases such as downloading large files.
I just got off the phone with VZW again and was told that the update that includes wm6.5 will fix it; it says so in the fixed list. I will be upgrading tonight. However, I would still be happier with being able to switch to EVDO only. Hopefully one of the many geeks here will figure out how to do it. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard, but.....