View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 08:09 AM
BeefJerky
N00b

BeefJerky is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Win6.5 out!

Okay, so after running it for a week, here are my findings.

1) Battery life
Excellent, a bit better than the stock 6.1 was with the cleanup cab

2) Bluetooth
Much improved over the stock 6.1!
I still have a couple of issues with the connection with my Kenwood DNX8120 in my car:
a) Takes forever to download the contacts and call history, and slows the phone down to a crawl while it does it - but my old XV6800 had the same issue, so it very well may be an issue with the bluetooth software in the Kenwood
b) Won't automatically connect to the A2DP on my Kenwood, only auto connects to the standard headset/handsfree. I can go in and manually connect it via the head unit or the phone, but it's a pain. I did *not* have this issue with my old XV6800.

Now, on to the positives with the bluetooth.
a) No more slowdowns and stuttery videos when playing over A2DP.
EDIT: Just noticed one thing with the Youtube app. It plays smooth with the keyboard closed, but plays stuttery with the keyboard open. This *only* happens through bluetooth, not when playing via the speaker or a wired headset.
EDIT2: With the keyboard open in Youtube, along with the stutter, the bluetooth will randomly disconnect. The only way to get it back at that point is to turn the bluetooth on and off on the phone. This does *not* happen with the keyboard closed. I have no idea what is going on here, as there shouldn't be anything different with the keyboard open or closed as far as Youtube is concerned. Not to mention this doesn't happen while playing music or any other audio over bluetooth. Not a huge deal, but very weird...
b) I just got a Jabra BT530 today (only mono earpiece I could find that supported A2DP) and it was the *easiest* pairing and setup I've ever had with bluetooth. It just works - nuff said...

3) Radio
I only had the 1x stuck problem a few times with the old radio, so I can't say whether this fixed it, but nonetheless, I've had no issues with it. Also reception seems a smidge better.

4) Speed
Overall seems to be snappier and more responsive. I also notice less weird slowdowns when using TF3D

5) Messaging
I have one issue with the built-in WM text messaging (*not* the TF3D app). If I go into a thread with a lot of messages then hit OK to get out of it, the app will freeze for awhile. It goes back to the previous screen, but is unresponsive for anywhere from 10 seconds to 1 minute, depending on how many text messages are in that thread. That never happened with the 6.1 ROM. It is annoying as heck, but isn't a deal breaker.

On that last note, does anyone know of a good way to prune old text messages and call logs? I need to keep recent ones, while discarding the old. Windows Mobile doesn't seem to have anything aside from deleting them all. Thanks!

Last edited by BeefJerky; 01-14-2010 at 08:57 AM.