View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 08:43 PM
bignadad
Cotton Pickin' Mod

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: Any way to speed up Manila 2.5??

i just recently used caulkins manila 2.5 ROM, before that i was using Manila/Sense 2.1 for a week or so testing speeds. before that i was on energyROM with manila 2.5 and used it then for a couple months.

my conclusion is that manila 2.1 is much faster because its made for the phone. manila 2.5 had deep roots in windows and just need that extra processor to keep up. was setting an ipod up for a customer the other day and the speed of it triggered my interest in the speed test i did with manila 2.1

as i see it you have two options... have speed an a solid manila 2.1 OR have the latest features and deal with the lack of speed......

as for speed fixes for manila 2.5
- i make sure to close programs on X and keep the running programs cleaned out. dont use cleanRAM much, because IMO soft reset is much more efficient and takes close to the same time on a deep clean.
- with max cooked into ROM it really seems to help. mainly because maxmanila gives you control over weather and gets rid of other things on home screen, like swiping animations.
- also think that using compression with manila helps. eneryROM had a rom where it used compression thanks to chainfire, and it really seemed to be speedy....
- also not absolutely sure about this, but i normally disable the tabs i dont use. i think it might help some..

This post has been thanked 1 times.