View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 06:24 PM
froader
Regular 'Geeker

froader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 1-6 ][ v1.33 ][ 28205 / 21887 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
You don't have to turn it off and on all the time. Shut it off and on ONCE after reboot and power drain will go back to normal. Your right something is not right on the bluetooth but it seems stuck spinning it wheels on something at boot time. But by cycling bluetooth once it has normal battery drain. You can clearly see it using battery monitor. After boot it will drain 150ma forever. Toggle bluetooth and it drops to 50ma.

28014 booted right to 50ma.
23518 boots to 150ma and 50ma after you manually toggle BT.

It may be an ordering issue at startup. Perhaps if Bluetooth startup at boot could be delayed it work correctly out of boot.

I'm curious if this "spinning it's wheels" at boot is also the reason for it's fussy behavior I see when pairing. If I flash this again. I'm gonna try pairing after I toggle bluetooth.

When using the battery monitor you need to wait for things to settle down a bit. It's very repeatable and much quicker than waitng a day or two see if battery is good.

Battery should be anywhere from 40-60ma drain for good standby battery life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by froader View Post
Good input there. That's very strange.
"28014 booted right to 50ma." -are you saying this is with the new drivers also?
I am on 21888 and have the battery drain also. However, I did notice that a 23518 I built was extremely worse.

We will get this sorted soon!
Just built up a 21518 ROM and I see the drain even w/out BT on.
BT aside, this is strange, it wont drop down to 50mA like it does w/ 21888.
I even tried older BT drivers/stack and same result.

I still stick to my findings that the new BT drivers/stack are a battery drain compared to the older ones.

These are 2 separate issues.