etski
Regular 'Geeker

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wm 6.5.3 28014 & 21882 ROM|SYS 12/17/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
1. There is a problem with the IE in 28014 - a package is missing so it doesn't work.

2. Battery monitor cab is in this post - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=17

3. I don't think that version of Opera supported autorotate or the zoom wheel. From what I understand it is in the newest release of Opera 10 tho... sorry

4. The X task manager to close apps no longer works in the wm 6.5.x SYS's, not since the buttons have been moved to the bottom and enlarged. This is just a growing pain that eventually will be remedied.

5. If you want the smaller menu's, I would recommend a 218xx build - its the main wm 6.5 branch that is getting regular updates and is very stable and fast. Just to clarify, wm 6.5 kept the start menu and X on the top of the screen and kept smaller menu's by default. Whereas wm 6.5.x (6.5.1, 6.5.3, etc) has moved the buttons to the bottom and enlarged them and the menu's by default. As a result, HTC's Task Manager no longer works for closing programs because of the relocation of the X.

Thanks for the feedback on it.
Thanx for the quick response and addressing all my questions, now I just wish you had a 218xx build that you think is stable. You say 218xx is very stable, but your only rom with it is 21882 and you warn that it's buggy ?!?! what's a geek to do?

1) so no cab install for a working IE?
2) I'll download it and install it! Thx!
3) too bad, I like the wheel, and kind of like autorotate, but it's usually slow
4) hmmmm
5) If anyone finds a theme or tsks that will work in 28014 to give me small menus, I would be happy! I thought indagroove had given me small menus after they changed to big menus, but that was on 6.5 I believe.

I will keep testing and using this rom, till I break it, like I do most things, then maybe try a 218xx. I'm going to go skiing and see if sportypal works better to track my ski runs without breaking by bluetooth helmet connection like it did on my last rom!

keep up the good work!!!! Thx again!!!

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!