View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 10:58 PM
wehweh
N00b

wehweh is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - PRE-ALPHA (not yet usable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBogard View Post
Thanks, I cleared more space off my card and reinstalled everything and it appears to be working fine now. Well, as fine as it can work. I would love it if the camera was working properly. One of the things I want to play with more than anything in Android is Google Goggles. It's also very unstable, but I guess that's to be expected. I've tried installing Last.fm a handful of times and it's rebooted my phone every single time.

This is exciting stuff though. Is there any chance that we'll ever see an actual native rom for non-android devices though? This solution doesn't seem practical if we can't boot with more than 40 megabytes of free ram.

Oh, and two more newbie questions:

Firstly, is there a way to better control the backlight on the phone within android? I hate that the power button can't turn the screen off/on without rebooting the unit (apparently). And secondly.. aw I forget what secondly was. Guess that's all for now!
The end key sends the phone to sleep, which is what power did in winmo. The power key sends you back home and opens the task switcher when you hold it (yes, it's backwards, but hey...).

And there was actually a guy who tried to make a bootable rom out of this last week but ran into some problems. Why he'd do that at this stage with all these bugs is beyond me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.