View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 10:40 PM
MrBogard
PPCGeeks Regular

MrBogard is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800) - PRE-ALPHA (not yet usable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Make sure you've got the latest Eclair build from babijoee. The first few times it boots, it can have trouble like this; if it continues, I'm not sure. (I had the same problem on an older Eclair build -- it turned out it was polling the modem and timing out, so it would lock up for about 20 of every 25 seconds while waiting for a response.)
Thanks, I cleared more space off my card and reinstalled everything and it appears to be working fine now. Well, as fine as it can work. I would love it if the camera was working properly. One of the things I want to play with more than anything in Android is Google Goggles. It's also very unstable, but I guess that's to be expected. I've tried installing Last.fm a handful of times and it's rebooted my phone every single time.

This is exciting stuff though. Is there any chance that we'll ever see an actual native rom for non-android devices though? This solution doesn't seem practical if we can't boot with more than 40 megabytes of free ram.

Oh, and two more newbie questions:

Firstly, is there a way to better control the backlight on the phone within android? I hate that the power button can't turn the screen off/on without rebooting the unit (apparently). And secondly.. aw I forget what secondly was. Guess that's all for now!

Last edited by MrBogard; 01-12-2010 at 10:43 PM.