steveholtam
Regular 'Geeker

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [12/27/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R7 (21887) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I install exactly the same cabs in every ROM I have ever flashed back to my xv6800 days & they don't cause any problems.

The only Opera I installed was Mini 5 & I'm not doing without that.

I tried R4, R5, R6 & R7 & the phone didn't ring right with any of them.

I flashed to NRG Dusk at that point & haven't had one single problem so I am staying with that for now.

If/when R8 comes out & the ringer problem is 100% fixed I will try again, but I will wait a while & see how other people make out with it before I rush into it.

~John
When R8 comes out, test the ringer after you reflash. It will work. It is very easy to determine if its working or not as you and I both know. When it's broke, it's broke. For those that do not have this bug, when selecting a ringer, the phone normally plays the ringers as you go through them. With this bug, there is no sample ring played.

This time John, as you reinstall each cab, test the ringer prior to each cab you install. At least you will be able to tell which cab is breaking the ringer. Maybe this will help Juicy or another member so we can figure out what is happening to the ringer. My problem was Opera, and since you indicate you are married to Mini 5, that really could be the the troubled cab. Maybe installing it first or last could fix things...

I am on Sprint, so this bug is not carrier specific at least.