canospinach
Regular 'Geeker

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
Add another router? Huh? You only need one per internet connection. Not to mention if you add another you'll be double NAT'd.

Slinglinks work great just like other homeplug devices.
Allow me to help clear your confusion.

When you set up a more complex network using Routers as "Switches" you are not double NAT as the gateway unit is normally your DHCP server. One unit is configured as a gateway, the other simply as a switch.

Only need one eh? Sure if you have an ultra simple network that may be the case. Anything slightly more complicated may require more than one. Since the OP mentioned using a router we can only go with the idea he clearly has a different need than you do.

Personally i have a server as a gateway (SOHO quality firewall), 2 wireless switches (1 b/g at 2.4ghz, 1 N at 5ghz, as well as an 8port gigabit switch (15 hardwired, 4 wireless devices). The way my network is configured i could not do it with one device (when we lan party i break out the 24 port switch).

Like i mentioned before, depending on your personal expectations and standards Sling itself as well as the AC connection may be fine, and thats ok.

It simply is not up to snuff more my tastes, i have different expectations.

Last edited by canospinach; 12-25-2007 at 12:59 PM.