View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 09:54 PM
avhokie
PPCGeeks Regular

avhokie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It finally happened

I've had my Touch for about a month. Before that, I had a PPC-6700 which was a disaster of a phone. I was skeptical of the Touch before I bought it, but over the past month, it's been a complete pleasure. But in the back of my mind, I was still worried that something would eventually pop out and dampen my enthusiasm. Well, it finally happened over the past 2 or 3 days. After finally getting the phone as customized as I wanted, the last change I made was removing Zumobi (which was garbage). That was about a week ago. For no apparent reason, over the last 2 or 3 days, my phone has just been slow, bogged down, unresponsive. I have plenty of free storage and program memory. But everything seems to take forever to load (in comparison to a week ago). Not only that, my battery is draining at a crazy rate. For example, today I was in Wisconsin in an area with weak-to-no signal. At 11:00am, my battery was at 70% (lower than I thought it should be). At 11:25am, it was at 30%. I had done nothing in those 25 minutes (no calls, no music, no web, nothing!). At the airport, I got the battery back to 100%. That was 4 hours ago. I had no calls in that time and spent 2 hours in the air (in airplane mode). Other than that, I checked NFL scores a couple of times. I'm now at 40% battery. BTW, I have no programs running consistently except for PocketCM.

Anyway, looks like it's time for a hard reset and then a bunch of effort to get everything customized back to where my phone was a week ago

Sorry for the rant, just disappointed after my hopes were raised.