View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 04:17 AM
thacounty
White Monster > Red Bull

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Re: If Android was like Apple and the real Iphone Killer

Necessary steps to make an iPhone killer...

1. Allow Apps to the SD Card
1b. Put 8g or 16g in the phones themselves, then allow SD expansion! Talk about being better than the iPhone.

2. Battery that lasts longer than 12 hours

3. More compensation to developers at least initially so they jump Apple's ship and come to android. Maybe if you sell so many apps you get something.

4. Better Camera in the phones. Just because a phone is 5 megapixel doesn't mean it takes great pics.

E. Finger Friendly (Duh)

6. If you don't put at least a 1ghz processor, and 512/512 ram/rom, and allow apps to sd, you don't have a Google phone. Your phone can be allowed to run Android, but the market will not support your device. These numbers will be low this time next year, so it should go up when the first number of Android goes up. This will ensure that all apps in the Market don't have to be fixed for every single device. I can imagine this a hassle for devs.

7. Accelerometer should be controlled by Android, not by each device specifically.
7b. Same with light sensor and all hardware.

8. Better native SIP KB

9. No app limit (My Hero won't work correctly if I get more than 100 apps on it.)

10. Make it harder to Pirate apps. If this doesn't happen then we will lose ALL our developers.

11. Use Dazzboard to be able to use iTunes on Android, or make an app like iTunes that is Google branded. They have a great website, that I would venture to guess is most peoples home page, to show off this new app. Allow app install, music/playlist contorl, photo control, Google Sync, Local Sync, etc...

Lets face it, the apps and games make the iPhone. Just look at I Am T-Pain. The iPhone doesn't multi-task yet no one seems to care. It didn't copy/paste, yet no one seemed to worry about it. It didn't take video or send MMS but NO ONE cared! The issues that the iPhone have are far outweighed by the fact that you can get an app to make you feel better. I have seen a Tickle me Elmo app, while that is nothing I would want, it works.

I love my Hero and I love Android, but until some major issues are addressed we will be behind in this game. I can tell you that Android "works" and it "works" better than any WinMo phone I had.

Last edited by thacounty; 01-11-2010 at 04:19 AM.