View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 05:20 PM
constitutionalist
PPCGeeks Regular

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Re: Verizon Win6.5 out!

Okay, I found it last night. Not sure when this was released, but my spider senses told me to go look and lo and behold!

First, this is 6.5 build 21874.5.0.83.

So far, I've installed a slew of my regular apps with no hiccups.

Tested system tools and tweaks so far include:

dciBettery.exe/qwertyMemory.exe

PIM Backup (works great, though I skipped messages). It restored everything just fine.

Process Manager: Fine, though killing apps might be a tad more sluggish

NoPushInternet_v2.cab/SSK TP2 Dynamic Resource Proxy.cab: Work great and reduced memory load.

DHarvey HTC Programs Tab Fix.cab: Works great and gives you the 6.5. start menu, while making the HTC programs menu a tab as before.

UITweaker.cab: Works great!

Disable Verizon SMS Message Sent.cab: works great

PocketUno_v.1.63.cab: Works much better (i.e. faster) than 6.1. I previously had to kill TF3D so PU animation would run at a slightly faster than snail speed. Now with TF3D on, PU is as zippy as it has been on all of my previous phones. Yippee!

I have installed PHM Reg editor, but haven't played with it yet.

Haven't installed BG for all tabs because of its issue that we all knew about on 6.1. Sort of looking for an alternate solution.

Also haven't Installed crystal email and music tabs yet. Sort of want to see how that has gone for others on here, first. I know, faint hearts never win the fair maiden, but hey, I'll let someone else be my food taster on this one.

Anyway, these are a few of the crucial apps I've installed so far. Along with these, all the usual navigation, search, chat, and other apps seem to work great. In addition, I've noticed a snappier SMS/MMS, though I was disappointed to see they had still not patched the unread messages issue and you still must use your up arrow to highlight the text to make it read (or install the SMS Unread Fix.cab "patch" out there that then kills your email, among other things).