Old 12-22-2007, 04:39 AM
pflatlyne
PPCGeeks Regular

pflatlyne is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenewjersey View Post
I just picked up my Mogul. Aside from it missing the latest rev edvo and the gps it works fully as advertised. I did the reading and knew going in that the Mogul is not a device for the average user. It is a device that is highly tweakable. The Touch is more for the "easy out of the box" user. Windows phones are all like this. This coming month brings an amazing rom update. Along with Sprint being the only wireless provider that can realy claim broadband quality service without the insane data charges AND true free use of my Mogul with my plan I cant see a downfall. The phone runs great, and with the latest ROM its stability is flawless so far.
You are fortunate. Your usage pattern does not stumble across the bugs. Unfortunatly mine does. I had to disable bluetooth,which I dont really like,but I can at least live with. Still,I paid for a phone with bluetooth. In sprints defense,they fixed that,somewhat. I understand that some people have stability issues. I personally do not. What I have is overheating issues on long phone calls when on the charger or when sharing the internet connection. If I true to use WiFi and the phone,its really bad,but even with a shared connection over USB it happens unless I take the back off the phone and open the keyboard. This may well be the cause of the lock ups as well. At first,I didnt really realize the reason it would stop charging (which is my main sympton of the overheating). I suspect that many people may be overheating and locking up,and not be making the connction to the heat.