Old 12-22-2007, 04:34 AM
princelton
N00b
Threadstarter

princelton is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ok, lets see....

first time it happened I was about to transfer the cabs for the yellow cube hack. I entered my windows password and checked my email, then I read up on the install here. I downloaded the zip files to my vista machine, and extracted them to their own folders. I then plugged in the USB cable to my mogul and it dinged.... only this time WMDC didn't auto open... no biggie I can surf to my mogul in "my computer", so I then click "my computer", then the icon for the phone. I alt-tab to the folder where the cab files are that I want to move onto the phone. I righy click, cut and alt-tab back to "my documents" on the phone, I attempt to paste, but get the "cannot transfer file xxxx. File may be corrupt or may not exist" error, I try to drag and drop, keyboard shortcuts, copy, and then try a different cab altogther, then a .jpg, then a .doc... all same error. Next I tried taking a pic from the phone and first cutting, then dragging and etc to the vista machine.... different error, says "Acess denied"
I then tried soft boot / windows restart and different port. then I tried going into DM and removing the device and driver and letting windows reinstall.... same issues, then try someones step by step with a non signed device driver, same issue, I remove everything at this point, do restarts and let windows reinstall, same issues. Next I bought a new cable, same issues, daughters PSP cable, same issues. Next I went to windows moble site, and read, mostly babble, but found this issue, MS says to do all I have done + uninstall and reinstall WMDC and SYNC and reinstall newer version. did this, lost being able to see phone in "my computer" and now it acts like a typical USB device with the safely add/remove USB device in the systray..... next I took a day to curse microsoft (a local holiday) and then tried first third of canospinich's trouble shooting guide, up to basically everything I had already done, then I gave up as the urge to use my mogul as a frisbee became too great to bear. with in all of this I have tried every setting, having to do with anything, on the mogul, and also on the vista box.... dont remember most of what I have played with, but I did try each thing one at a time, tested problem, and put setting back...... same problems.....