View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 08:09 PM
ChrisCicc
PPCGeeks Regular

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [12/27/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R7 (21887) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveholtam View Post
Your main concerns almost never happen. Voiding your warranty is about a non-issue. The store techs can not be that smart. If your really concerned, microwave your phone before brining it in for your warranty work. The same thing goes for bricking. I have not seen a bricked phone in a long time around these parts. And if yours is the 1 out of a 1,000,000 that does brick, microwave and return it.

If you have the warranty, you can always have it die, then exchange it. I have never seen anyone do the above, but we are not doing anything that the phone is not designed to do. These phones are designed to be flashed.

So take advantage of what your phone can do. My juiced up Juciy rom, with a bunch of other add-ons looks very cool. And is unique to me. When people see the dual animation, weather and multi-colored circles raining down, they have no idea what phone I have, just that there iphone or droid does not do that.
I too say don't worry about the issues. I have warranty exchanged on at least three occasions with a phone I flashed a custom ROM too. In each of those occasions I flashed back to stock and relocked it. I have also bought a Touch Pro to a service center on at least two occasions with it running an obviously cooked ROM with no problem.

Never heard of the microwave lol, in theory I guess it would work but it would also probably be obvious if you left it in there more than a second or two no? Many metals ignite under microwaves, which would leave scorch marks around the internals of the phone I would think.

If I helped you, please remember to press thanks!