View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Spearoid
PPCGeeks Regular

Spearoid is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |V|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28014/21885) ** |Dec 17| TF3D 2.1 /

I have taken a long break from the flashing world...using MightyMike's last build for the Diamond for several months. Recently I installed EnergyROM 21885 and LOVE some of the new features it offers. I don't like that my battery drains about twice as fast....and am wondering about other ROMs out there. I haven't kept up with the new Manilla and this Sense stuff.....but one thing in this EnergyRom that I think I cannot live without is the changes to the way contacts work within email, texts, and the dialer.
Can someone tell me what we call these changes, or what we attribute them to so I can look for this feature in the other ROMs I am considering?
In particular I am talking about the green Call button when you are reading an email....or the menu that is brought up when you select the link on a contact within a text message. When adding a number from the dialer into an existing contact the fields are much better than what I have seen before It seems unlikely that these are just improvements Microsoft made to a later build of 6.5.

Basically, I am looking for a way to distinguish between all the new features that are out there now for the Diamond...what come from HTC, what come from newer builds of WM, and what are simply 3rd party programs I could install myself.

I also like the Action soft key menu to create new notes, contacts, etc. Not sure I could live without that either now that I think about it.

Thanks for any knowledge imparted.

I should mention that I have no use for TF3D. I only use Titanium, and have no interest in using something other than Titanium.

Last edited by Spearoid; 01-08-2010 at 07:34 PM.